Sunday, May 22, 2011

Who am I, you ask?

They call me
  • Fay. Cathy Fay.
  • How many people do you know named Cathy Fay? No one. Exactly. I’m the one and only.
  • I’m the one and only tall, white, redheaded Mormon at Wooster High School.
  • "¡Wooster! ¡Tú sabes!"
  • Everyone knows me as “the Mormon,” but nobody be hatin’. That’s just who I am, and always will be.
  • I was voted “Senior Nicest.” Duh, I’m Mormon, and Mormons are nice.
  • I know Spanglish and ghetto talk.
  • Oh, and English too.
  • I play basketball.
  • I’m a band geek, and proud of it. Trumpet clan for life, yo!
  • I play the piano. Not like Bach, but I try. 
  • I make friends with every type of person you could imagine.
  • My CTR ring is all bent up and slanted in various ways for various reasons, but it makes for a good missionary experience.
  • I wear size 10 1/2 shoes (I really really like Vans. Wink wink).
  • Laughing is my favorite thing to do. But sometimes it gets me in trouble.
But most of all:
I believe in believing. You don’t need concrete, tangible objects to know something is real. I believe in a lot of things. Like a person being able to change for the better, and peoples’ ability to make a huge affect on others without even realizing it. I believe in God, and I believe in hope. I think mountains are the prettiest and most miraculous creations ever. I love clouds and rain and snow. Yet I love the sun more than anything. I want to be a meteorologist when I grow up, and a psychologist on the side. I think. I want lots of kids: preferably girls. Boys smell. I believe that if you try as hard as you possibly can to be the best you can possibly be, you will be happier than anyone else on the planet. I think if everyone smiled, the world would be a better place. "Go the extra smile." Yep, I made that up. I think every single girl in the world is beautiful, no matter what other people say or how they view themselves. I believe everyone has qualities worth sharing. I believe freedom is a concept worth fighting for. I believe in wishes on shooting stars. I believe that if you hold your breath while driving under a bridge, your wildest dreams will come true—eventually. I believe in writing and I believe in thinking. I believe in myself: who I am, and who I can be.



No comments:

Post a Comment