Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Birthday, Seattle Temple, Pa is back, and companion blister

Hola todos!

Sorry this email is a day late, p-day got switched to today instead of yesterday. This week is a blur, so lets work backwards shall we? 
 
Today's my birthday! And guess what I got for my birthday! Our zone got to go to the Seattle Temple!! It was SO amazing everyone! haha especially because the trip was going to be next week, but it was changed to today just last night! LOVE. It took about an hour to get there, SO much traffic! And there's so much pressure when you're not driving your own car. haha! But yeah, the temple was such a special experience and we are so privileged to be able to go while on our missions. LOVE.

And guess what. We get to work with the man from the parking lot again! (Pa) We thought he was 28 and single, so we sent him to the YSA ward, but now we found out that he's married and has kids in Africa! So we get him back, and he is on date for baptism on September 7th! The last day of the transfer. There are a few things we have to work out though, so hopefully he'll be able to be baptized on that date. (He was muslim, so he has to be interviewed by the mission president, etc.) But yeah! Woo!

In other news, my companion had to get a wart removed from off of her knuckle yesterday, so today her knuckle has a nice big BLISTER the size of one of those GIANT accident jelly beans that stick together! BLaahhh. hahahaha it's so gross. I don't know why I told you that, but that was the highlight of yesterday. haha

I don't remember much else that happened this last week, but this much I do remember...

Heavenly Father is fully aware of  what I'm going through, and he has provided a way for me to not only get through it, but triumph in and because of it. 
 
Even more importantly, He knows exactly what every single one of you is going through, and He has provided a way for you to get through, overcome, or change the situations in which you're placed. Embarrassingly enough, I often forget that everyone else is going through trials and challenges too, not just me. I've been learning more and more every day about overcoming these trials through my experiences and studying the Book of Mormon and Preach My Gospel. I never knew how much the Book of Mormon can help, lift, and strengthen the reader. There is power in the Book of Mormon that cannot be found anywhere else. It is pure and un-tampered with, and I know that it truly is the word of God. I am coming to understand and apply the Atonement of Jesus Christ more fully to my life as I study the Book of Mormon. Because of this book, the Atonement is more prevalent in my life than it ever has been. I have had times recently that I literally could feel it's strengthening and enabling power. 
 
Something I've learned lately is really special to me. I am able to be strengthened and lifted up when I show and use my faith in Him first. I believe that we are strengthened, edified and empowered according to our faith in Him.  
 
1 Nephi 7:17 says "But it came to pass that I prayed unto the Lord, saying: O Lord, according to my faith which is in thee, wilt thou deliver me from the hands of my brethren; yea, even give me astrength that I may bburst these bands with which I am bound." 
 
Nephi was given strength through the Atonement of Jesus Christ to literally burst through the bands that were binding him, according to his faith. 
 
Even if you have very little faith, use it! Act on the faith you do have (like Elder Holland says). I just love that concept. 

Anyways, I love you all. Off to teach our weekly Book of Mormon class to our ward (which non-members go to! Woo!)

You are all so amazing! 

Hermana Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment