Monday, July 7, 2014

Chivilcoy Norte.. Donde Milagros Pasan

I just want to say that I LOVE MY ZONE!! Just because.. haha. We have District Meetings every week as a conference call because all the areas are so far away from each other, but we're probably the most united zone in the mission. I LOVE CHIVILCOY NORTE! :)

Something that I have been learning while on my mission is basically that I am the dust of the earth. haha. :) I have SOOO many weaknesses. Like, I think I'm here on my mission to uncover every weakness that I have and to be able to know what to work on. And I'm grateful for that! It's a privilege to have an opportunity to refine my own self while putting everything I have towards the benefit of others. And to Glorify God (which is number one--always.) 

I. Love. My. Mission.

I'm going to share with you something that I learned this morning.  In Luke (I think chapter 14 or somewhere around there) where it talks about the crucifixion of Christ, one man yelled mockingly at him while He was on the cross, "If you (really) are the Son of God, then come down from the cross." 
We all know that Jesus Christ is the true Son of God, our Savior, and He had the very power of God to perform miracles and do whatever thing He would want. I think that He could have very easily literally come down from the cross and stop all of the pain that He was going through..(give up doing the Atonement, stop the whole thing. He could have done the same when He was suffering in Gethsemane). He could very well have come down from the cross. But He didn't. He stayed there! He suffered for the very man that yelled this at Him. The Savior worked the Atonement for us so that we could have the privilege of overcoming our trials and weaknesses with His divine help. He suffered for us so that He would be able to know how to succor us.

This made me think of when our investigators or the people in the street say, "If God really existed, He wouldn't let so many people go hungry" or "If God is all-powerful, He could have prevented the death of my wife."

Heavenly Father is real and He IS all-powerful! But despite of His power, His unyielding love for us prevents Him from taking away the Agency (or the ability to choose right from wrong) of His children. He knows what is best for us and for all mankind. Just like the Savior chose to continue forward with the Atonement despite all the pain and suffering, Heavenly Father lets us (in his abiding love) show our faith in Him despite the difficult circumstances! It's a privilege to have been able to come to Earth to show our faith in Him!

I love the scriptures. 
I love you all! Thank you for sharing your experiences with me! THOSE ARE GOLD! :D 
Keep being awesome,

Hermana Gardner.

P.S. can I just say.... FREEZING RAIN. and WIND. And BIKES. teehee. It's all worth it!
or should I say "It will all be worth it... if my posterity keep the faith." (name that movie/quote. haha :))

No comments:

Post a Comment