Monday, March 11, 2013

MY MISSION CALL!

"Dear Sister Gardner:
You are hereby called to serve as a missionary of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. You are assigned to labor in the Argentina Buenos Aires West Mission. It is anticipated that you will serve for a period of 18 months.
You should report to the Provo Missionary Training Center on Wednesday, June 19, 2013. You will prepare to preach the gospel in the Spanish language. Your assignment may be modified according to the needs of the mission president."

I still get chills every time I read this! I know for a fact that this is where I am supposed to go, and when I am supposed to go. Revelation is so amazing! I am so excited to teach the people of Buenos Aires the truths of the Gospel of Jesus Christ so that they can find the happiness and peace that I've found! I want to do more than anything what Heavenly Father wants me to do. And this, my friends, is what He wants me to do.

I can see Heavenly Father's hand in my life more now than ever. I can see that His hand was in things in the past that I didn't realize before. I am so grateful to see His influence in my life and in the lives of those around me.

SIDE NOTE:

Something I've realized over the past few months is super cool. The Holy Ghost is very important to have constantly in our lives. VERY important. In fact, listening to and acting upon the Holy Ghost's promptings is the only way we progress! Making little good decisions every day (acting upon the Holy Ghost's promptings, whether we realize they are from him or not) is how we move forward and become better. But what I've realized lately is something that may be significant only to me, but it might be significant to you.
I've noticed that: when I have the Holy Ghost with me, (and I make it a point to stop and notice that he's there) everything is CLEAR as DAY. Things just make sense. I am able to think clearly, I know my purpose, I know where I came from, I understand everything that I need to do... I know that may seem like a weird attribute of the Holy Ghost, but I think it's right up there with him being "the comforter" and the way for Heavenly Father to give you revelation. I don't know if y'all have ever experienced a time a PURE CLARITY, but it is AWESOME.
The first time I noticed this was when I was at work. Work is almost always crazy (I love it though). I have a huge list of things to do, customers to call, people to deal with, things that need to be taken care of. But one morning before work I made it a point to make sure I had the constant companionship of the Holy Ghost. Then at work, once I realized that he was with me, everything just made sense! I knew exactly what I needed to do, what order I needed to do it in, who I needed to talk to and about what, and I even felt a profound love for the customers and my co-workers. I felt like I was able to conquer the world all by myself. This made me realize that every time my head is all jumbled up and I feel frustrated, the Holy Ghost isn't with me!
At the end of the day, I think it's important to make the effort to see the difference between when you do have the Spirit with you and when you don't. And then eventually have him as a CONSTANT companion.

Gracias por escucha tiempa largo!
el amor siempre,
Hermana Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment