Monday, April 7, 2014

¡Santos, Avanzad con Fe en El Señor!‏

¡Hola! Tengo muchas cosas que decir, y poco tiempo. ¡Vamos entonces! :)

Hermana Espinoza is being transferred... :( It's been a great two transfers with her! I love that woman! I've learned so much about faith and patience from that woman. LOVE! :) And so we have to travel in about 3 hours to Ramos Mejia for transfers. SO sad! And so I'll be here in Chacabuco with a new companion! 

Okay heres a little story about Conference weekend.. Saturday Morning.. Raining cats and dogs. And we're sad because none of our investigators came. I felt super sick so I asked the Elders for a blessing. Yay for the Priesthood of God! Then We went home to eat something and then we went right back to the church. (two of our investigators showed up, even though it was raining cats and dogs, yay) As we were watching conference, I started to feel super super sick and I started to like, shake! Like, my whole body hurt a TON, and I was like, quivering. And so at this point I had to leave the room because I was a distraction! I was in a lot of pain, so I cried... oops. haha and so the elders came and saw what was the matter, etc. I was super cold, and so they started the heater for me, etc. So we went home directly after the conference (I didn't get to hear a single talk!) and my sickness got WORSE! Dahhh I had a HUGE fever, it was HORRIBLE. That night I started thinking about my funeral. Just kidding, jokes jokes. But yeah that night was horrible. So hermana Espinoza gave me pills to kill the fever and it worked overnight, then the fever came back Sunday morning so I took another one. But I felt horrible, and Sister Carter said I had to stay in bed for 2 days minimum, Si o Si. And hermana Espinoza REALLY wanted to watch conference and she also needed to be at the church for our investigators. And so! A sister in the branch CAME TO OUR APARTMENT and stayed with me for 2 hours while my companion was with another sister! hahahahaha. I was at home with Hermana Maciel, and she basically watched me sleep for two hours. haha What a sweet lady!!!! ANd the same thing for the second session, but another sister (Tochey) stayed with me while Hermana Espinoza went with Sister Villalva. haha Such sweet sisters in the brach. And so I didn't get to watch conference.... :( I was SO looking forward to it, too! But that's okay, the Liahona Magazine with all the talks will come out here in about 3 months. haha :) 
 
But yeah! That's my weekend. I learned about bearing your afflictions with patience (mostly that I need more of it) and about the power of the priesthood! I am SO much better, and my recovery was super fast! Sister Carter (presidents wife) had to stay in bed for 4 days!!!!!!! 
 
Anywho, don't worry about me! Especially you, Mom. Don't worry! hahaha ;) I'm all good now. It was just a rough way to end an awesome 2 transfers with my angel of a companion. 


Love you all! Thanks for the prayers!
Hermana Gardner
 
 
Here are some pictures! I don't have a better one of the baptism, sorry! 
 
The 2nd and 4th man from the left are Horacio and Juan Carlos. Horacio doesn't look too happy, but he SO is! haha :D
 
And the other is with a family of recent converts :) LOVE the Jimenez girls.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment