Monday, November 17, 2014

Hoooola :)

That's how they say Hola here. hehe :) How's everyone doing!? Welcome to the world, JACOB LEE! Deeee! I can't wait to meet him! And all of my other nephews and nieces that I don't know yet! haha :)

It's been an AWESOME week. A bit stressful, for sure. Baptism weeks always come with so many road blocks and cul-desacs and wet concrete.... but it turned out AWESOME!! The baptisms were SO great! And the primary sang and everyone cried and came together. Mission accomplished. I love my life. (don't mind my face in one of the pictures, The person taking the picture was being hilarious.) We are chipping away at completing part-member families and helping to re-activate them. It's really and truly a joyous moment to see whole less-active, part-member families coming to church week after week and seeing the light come back into their eyes and homes! We saw this light shine brighter on Sunday than ever before in Facundo's family. (baptism not pictured in this email). His parents are making huge changes in thier lives because of the example of their son! Facundo understands the Gospel and the Atonement, and it really is affecting his family in a positive way.

Also, our ward mission leader Hermano Sanabria is a force to be reckoned with. He has so much LOVE for the Gospel and his Savior and for missionary work. I can't really explain why, but he has really made such a positive impact on my life, especially through his example. He helps us as missionaries really magnify OUR calling and become the best daughters of God we can be. He serves quitetly, and humbly only because he loves his Heavenly Father. He does so much "behind the scenes" that no one ever asked him to do, and no one knows! He is such a humble, faithful servant of the Lord... and all the while his family is inactive. I know that through and because of his faithful service, he and his family will be so blessed. His example is amazing.

AND

I was 12 inches away from Elder Christofferson on Saturday. He came to speak to our mission and the BA North mision! (I talked to Elder Tambo! He's doing great). We sang in a choir of 15 for him ( I stood right next to where he was sitting, quite literally 9.5 inches away from his knee cap) and Elder Nelson (from the presidency of 70) and the area 70 Elder Gonzalez (who came last month, also) and all their wives. We sounded like angels. haha just kidding, but the song turned out almost perfect. But yeah, all of these authorities and thier wives all speak fluent fluent spanish. IT WAS AMAZING! Elder Chritofferson's wife's name is Catherine... haha. We sat in the 2nd row from the front, in the middle. It was amazing to be so close to him and feel the spirit that he has as an apostle of the Lord! We made eye contact a lot of times, and he stared at my soul when he was talking about how he Knows Christ. He didn't turn away from my eyes! Then he looked to Sister Ricks sitting next to me, then he looked at me again! It was awesome. haha :) Oh my goodness, at the end, he gave us an Apostolic blessing (like, invoked blessings from heaven upon us) and everyone was crying. It was a PRIVILEGE to be in his presence. He is such a stud in Spanish, too. He speaks better than any Argentine I've seen, that's for sure. He served his mission HERE 50 years ago, as Elder Richard G. Scott as his Mission President.

Anyways, I love you all. We have to go because we have a TON to do!

P.S. I'll send the picture of Facundo's baptism next week. My card reader isn't working today.

I love you all!
Hermana Gardner


No comments:

Post a Comment