Monday, December 8, 2014

No lo puedo creer! :)

¡Hola familia y amigos!
I am so profoundly happy to report that Fabian and Desireè Scarfo were baptized yesterday!!! :D

I don't think I've felt a happiness like this in my life before. Well, I know I haven't. :) I'm sorry I don't have pictures, but I'll be sure to show you all when I get back. (which I don't want to be so soon... meh.) 
 
It was the most beautiful baptism! They have made so many changes in their lives! You can just see the light in their eyes that comes from living the Gospel of Jesus Christ. They have grown closer together as they've embraced the Gospel! We walked into their house on Sunday morning so that they could try on their baptismal clothes (everything fit perfectly...tender mercies) Desireè was wearing a skirt and Fabian, a suit and tie. I almost cried when I saw them because their home was so tranquil and their son Tahiel was being an angel and everyone was happy! The Gospel changes attitude and behavior! Then at church they said they couldn't focused because they were so excited to be baptized. I never thought that would happen! :D 
 
Then after church they changed into their white clothes, and when they saw each other they just hugged each other for a little while! It was so precious! Then the service began, and their neighbor Hermano Castro, who referenced them (long-time member and convert) spoke, and Hermana Arcidiacono spoke (the Arcidiaconos was one of the young couples that really helped the Scarfos to progress a TON). Then Hermano Cobian (another one of the young couples that played a huge role is all of this) bapized Desiree and Hermano Arcidiacono baptized Fabian. Fabian and Desiree watched each other be baptized and they both had tears in their eyes. It was amazing to see them GLOW like that! Goodness, words can't describe the spirit that was there! All of the members had tears in their eyes because their FRIENDS were being baptized! After they were dressed they said that they felt the spirit very strongly- and that's all you can ask for! 
 
This was one of the most special baptisms I've been able to participate in... because of the HUGE change they have made in their lives and natures, and for the MAJOR increase in faith! In God, in Jesus Christ, in His Gospel, in prophets... in continuing revelation. I can't help but get teary-eyed thinking of this amazing family and this amazing roller coaster of an experience we've had with them. 

I AM COMING BACK FOR THEIR TEMPLE SEALING IN 1 YEAR! I will fast for 1 year to save up the money. Whatever it takes! :D I already have an Argentine ID card and passport. Fàcil. :)

This is most likely my last letter home from Buenos Aires Provincia, Argentina. I love this country. I love these people. I love my companions and I love my mission. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for the BLESSING and Tender Mercy He has given me to spend a year and a half here in the Promised Land. :)

Something important:
I have had feelings of pure joy and happiness on my mission that only my Heavenly Father and I understand... It's a kind of joy that I won't ever be able to explain to anyone, nor use words to explain. And sometimes that frustrates me to not be able to explain myself (in English!) but I find comfort in that my Heavenly Father, yes, understands perfectly the joy I feel.. because He is the One that gave me and is giving me these feelings. I love Him so much. And wow, does He love me. 

I am so grateful for this Christmas season. I see it a lot differently than before-and I'm grateful for that, too. I love my Savior so much. I feel like I've really come to know Him in the past year and a half. But this year and a half is just the beginning of coming to know my Savior and my Heavenly Father throughout my life. I have so much learning to do and so many changes to make to really become aquianted with Them and become like Them. I think something my misson helped me to do was realize how much I DO need to change and HOW to do it. I am so grateful to my Heavenly Father for this understanding. I feel like I just got baptized! I have my whole life ahead of me to continually better myself and help others along the way better themselves, too. To get to the Celestial Kingdom together...

I can't explain my gratitude or the love I feel in my heart. I feel like my heart is going to explode of joy. So I'll just say it like this:

I LOVE EVERYTHING and EVERYONE. 

See you in a week! Oh my goodness?.. haha
Hermana Gardner

P.S. I just saw a kid wearing a Utah Jazz shirt. hahaha I can't think of a more random basketball team besides the Reno Bighorns. haha! :D Gotta love Buenos Aires.

And yes, I'll bring home Alfajores. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment