Monday, November 25, 2013

¡Hola from Zion!‏

Merry Thanksgiving everyone! haha :) I'm going to miss celebrating it. Oh well, we'll eat empenadas on Thursday or something cool like that. :) How is everyone? Hope you're enjoying the winter weather! It is hot and humid here, that's for sure. And this is nothing compared to december january february. Woo! haha :) I have an awesome tan line on my wrist from my watch, on my feet from my shoes, and on my arms from my sleeves. It's the funniest thing to see all the different tan lines on the sister missionaries' feet!
 
This week was great! I LOVE CASEROS 1 SO MUCH. Like seriously, I don't want to leave. Transfers is next week. Espero que Hna Leiva and I get to stay here! Please bless. Hermana Leiva and I have grown really close. She's the best!
 
We have a miracle investigator named Delia, who is 83 years old, but seems about 45. Like really, she looks 45 years old. Anyways, we ate at a members home the other week and her friends Delia happened to be there too. And now we're teaching her! She has gone through so much in her life. Her daughter died at age 35 and her husband died a few years ago too. All she wants is peace in her life. We're teaching her that the Gospel of Jesus Christ will meet every need that she has. She came to church yesterday and she loved it so much! I am so excited for her baptism and for her to be able to have that peace that she desperately needs. The Gospel is perfect and is for everyone!
 
Family and friends, I can't even put into words all that I've learned and am learning about the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Atonement, and God's love and awareness for his children... It is so profound to me just how much Heavenly Father knows and loves each and every one of his children. I've learned this through doing His work, and especially through studying the Book of Mormon. I can't emphasize enough how important it is to read and study the Book of Mormon! In the mornings during personal study, I giggle a little bit at how much fun I'm having reading it. It is just so interesting once you get into it! Woo! The Book of Mormon was written for US!
 
I love you all, I love this work, and I love my Father in Heaven! Choose the right!
 
Hermana Jardinera

No comments:

Post a Comment