Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Hurrah for Israel!‏

Hola familia y amigos! :D 

This week we couldn't use our bikes for a few days.... President Carter called us and told us that because of the pain Hermana Arenas was having, he wanted to take us off the bikes to test her out.. haha. Obviously this is a walking mission, and we have the privilege to have bikes, but our lessons were all around the limits of Chacabuco. dahh. haha but it was fun walking again. 
 
Apart from not using the bikes that we always so desperately need, this week has been one of the most challenging weeks in my mission. But because of that, I haven't felt closer to the Savior in my life. It's funny how that happens. I was given the opportunity (many opportunities) to rely on Him and His Son completely. It's official-- I cannot do this work on my own. This is His work! We have to do it in His way. Si o si. This week we have seen a few ugly things happen in the branch pertaining to pure pride-- I can't think of a better word than "ridiculous" for some of the things said and done on the part of the members, but we just have to keep moving forward. I can't help but think of 3 Nephi 11 where it says that one by one, the people came up to the Savior and felt the nail prints in his hands and feet and side. Does anything else matter than this? I KNOW that Jesus Christ is my Savior. He is the Head of His Church! And He wants US as members, missionaries, etc. to do His work and live our lives how He wants us to! There are no excuses in missionary work, no matter how grim the situation may seem. We just have to keep loving the people and serving them (the branch and the investigators), and allow the Spirit to dictate all that we do. 

Tomorrow we have Zone Conference in Chilvicoy, and after that we have divisions for 2 days! I'm STOKED. Hermana Hicken (Sister Training Leader) is coming here to Chacabuco to work here with me, and Hermana Arenas (my companion) is going to Junín to work with the other STL in her area. Woo! I love divisions! I don't know why I love them so much, but yeah. haha 

We have a few baptisms coming up in May, please pray for us and our investigators for the month of May! :D Gracias!!! :)

I love you all! :D

Hermana Gardner

P.S. we get to Skype on Mothers day! I think... haha Chao!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment