Monday, September 22, 2014

Para Siempre Dios esté con vos

Hola mundo!!

It truly has been a great week in Ituzaingo 4! I love being a missionary so much! But like, seriously. haha

Thank you SO MUCH for the Birthday Cards! I got them today. hahaha, 1 month later :)

This week was our stake Conference, and something I realized was that in the Saturday night session, the moment when Hermana Robertson (the Mission Presidents Wife) began to speak, the Spirit filled the room! It was "Impresionante!" Really and truly, everyone could feel the Spirit right when she started because of her smile and humility! It really set the stage for his talk, and the 70's talk.

So, we've run into a rut. Does that phrase even exist? English is hard. The Scarfo Family, Fabian and Desiree, are amazing people. Fabian (and Desiree) is reading the Book of Mormon, going to church every Sunday (4 in a row!) and praying to know if these things are true, recently with more sincere intent. He really wants to know if this is true, and he is looking for an answer. He hasn't recieved an answer, at all! He tells us that he doen't feel anything or have any good thoughts or anything.... And so we talked about praying with real intent, and how the Holy Ghost speaks to us and how our prayers are answered (softly, with good feelings of peace, joy, patience, good thoughts or desires, etc. the answer can come from other people or the scriptures,etc.) and he understands that. But his answer hasn't come. We've fasted twice for this family, along with our District Leader and his companion! I just want so much for them to be an eternal family. And I think because he/they aren't recieving an answer, they're getting bored.. or more like frustrated. And they have been at it for a month and a half now! We are always constantly looking for direction to know how to help them, they are always on our minds. I know they will be baptized. I know it. Even if it's "someday". I've recieved that revelation. I just want it to be sooner rather than later! :) But I'm here to do God's will. Heavenly Father knows what Fabian and his wife need and what they're going through. I'm here to help God help them. I think this is happening to teach me MORE patience than I have already learned (demasiado!). haha But yeah. THOUGHTS? IDEAS? :)

My companion is done with her mission on Wednesday :( SHE IS SO GREAT! Hermana Mumford and I had SUCH a great transfer, en serio. It went by SO fast. That's what happens when you're working hard. And we worked our tails off. And it's worth it. I am going to miss that American lady. Heber City for life!
I'm going to go get my new companion on Wednesday! I don't know who it is yet, but I'll let you know next week! We'll see!

Anywho, I love you all. Hermana Mumford's family is going to come to our ward to watch her give her fairwell talk, and I'm going to translate IT into English for them at the pulpet! haha how fun. 
I LOVE YOU ALL! Please pray for The Scarfo Family :)
Hermana Gardner

No comments:

Post a Comment