Monday, October 20, 2014

¡A Vencer!

Hola mundo! Que cuentan. Les digo una cosa. Este semana fue TAN loco pero TAN especial. Bah. Solo sè que mi Padre Celestial me ama tanto. El sabe que nececitamos y El està dispuesto bendecirnos en cualquier manera si seamos fieles! Hemos visto eso èste semana.

On Wednesday I woke up with a FEVER and chills and whatnot. That really tested my patience and faith. We had SO many things to do and people to see and business to take care of with our ward leaders and investigators, but no.. Sister Robertson (President's wife) said I needed to stay home all day. And so I stayed home, drank more water than I have in my whole life, took a ton of Advils, and ate Jello (Thank you, Hermana Totten). That very long day, I learned a lot about the Atonement of Jesus Christ. I had a long time to think while laying in bed, and looking at the images of Christ in our apartment. We really do come to know Him better when we pass through hard times. But then I realized how much I really hate thinking about myself. It depresses me! Goodness, is that the truth or what.. The next day my fever broke and we went to work-- with blister things in my throat and all. The moment when we went back to work and helping our investigators, I felt like I was on clould 9. When I focus on other people, I feel SO much better!! I seriously think I slipped into depression that day in bed. Blehh. But that day Heavenly Father blessed us with 3 new investigators, and many other small but huge miracles with our other investigators. The law of compensation.

Adela had her baptismal Interview with the District Leader on Sunday after church, but had a problem with question number 4. I'll explain that later when I get back. Or ask jeremy or Chris. Or cooper. haha so yeah. Because Adela had a problem with question 4, she had to have an interview with President Robertson. So our District leader called Pres. Robertson, and said that they could have their interview over the phone! So much relief on our part. So we took Adela home and they had the interview on the phone, and it was perfect. We have a baptism on Saturday! This weekend Iarra will also be baptized. Double-baptism. It's going to be great!

All I know, is that God loves us! He lets us go through trials so that we can grow closer to Him! My companion and I realized something summamente importante, and that is... our purpose of life is to learn and live the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Imagine the Plan of Salvation without that. It would make no sense! I know with all my heart that the Gospel and teachings of Jesus Christ are true and absolutely necessary for our Salvation. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints exists to help us LIVE the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and is also necessary to live the Gospel fully. The Church and the Gospel are separate and distinct, but both absolutely necessary. I am so grateful for the Chruch and for the teachings of Christ. I love Him, and I know He is my Savior! I am so forever grateful for my mission. I am so grateful for this privilege to have come to know my Savior in such a personal way.

I love you all! Thank you for EVERYTHING and remember who you are!

Hermana Gardner
The Celestial Kingdom, and nothing less! :)

P.S. this is my and my MTC companion Hermana Millet at transfers right before we met our train-ees :)


No comments:

Post a Comment